Welcome to the new Environmental Health Website!!

The Environmental Health Division is excited to present our new website!  It is our hope that this website will help offer an easier mechanism by which to assist our clients with our services.  You may now access forms and guidance for all of our programs here, as well as answers to frequently asked questions.  In addition complaints can now be submitted online straight to our division, and payment links make permit payments a click away!  We hope you find our website useful and look forward to serving you.  

The Tulare County Division of Environmental Health is a full-service division that is dedicated to protecting the health of people and the environment in Tulare County. 


Food-September/October 2017

Health Alert- Hepatitis A

Click here for California Department of Public Health Guidance



UPDATE FOR:  Nacho cheese warming units at retail locations

Click here for California Department of Public Health Memorandum 


Water Wells- COMING SEPTEMBER 2017

The implementation of the new well ordinance will begin September 2017! After three years of discussion and work groups held with industry and regulatory entities, Tulare County has approved a new well ordinance that will address many aspects of water wells, both agricultural and domestic. Some areas impacted by the new ordinance are well construction, destruction and setback requirements. This new water well ordinance will help Tulare County's efforts to protect and preserve water quality in Tulare County.  


Food Excellence Awards 2016

The Environmental Health Division of Tulare County is pleased to announce and present its Annual Food Excellence Awards!  Each year the food facilities that have obtained three consecutive scores of 95 or higher, during their health inspections, receives this prestigious award.  

Click here to see a list of the award recipients. 


Help keep Tulare County clean by taking Household Hazardous Waste to the Visalia Corp Yard, or to one of our many Clean Up Events!  Clean up Events days and times are posted under public information.